All Skill Levels Welcome!
Get Live Help on Your Site!
Ian's Pizza for Lunch!
WordPress Bootcamp at 100state
Join us for Grow Madison’s featured event, the WordPress Bootcamp, a 6 hour hands-on workshop for anyone that wants to get better at using WordPress for managing their business, organization or campaign. We’ll have some of the top WordPress designers in Madison on hand and available to help answer your questions, saving you weeks of ‘learning on your own’.
Register For Workshops on our Events Calendar
The next WordPress Bootcamp is on Sat. Nov 4th from 10-4pm
- Theme Selection
- Adding/Editing Pages and Posts
- Plugin Selection and Installation
- Backups and Upgrades
Building Your Site
- Setting Up Your Theme
- Working With Pages/Posts
- Custom Posts Types
- Adding Images/Video/Audio
- Creating Menus/Navigation
Tips and Tricks
- Blogging Tips and Tricks
- Creating Page Layouts
- Social Media Integration
- Ecommerce and WordPress
- SEO and WordPress
All skill levels welcome. Bring an idea and leave with a website, or bring a website and leave with a better website.
This workshop is designed for beginning and intermediate students looking to learn how to build their own website, or wanting to learn how to better manage an existing site. If you don’t have a project to work on, we can team you up with somebody that could use some help.
What am I going to get from this course?
You will learn how to:
- Optimize and add photos
- Install various WordPress plugins to extend functionality of your website
- Change text content
- Add new pages
- Change the Navigation Menu
- Add widgets
- Add a newsletter sign-up form
- Integrate your social media into your website
- Build a contact form
- Take important security measures on your website
What are the requirements?
- Basic computer skills (uploading/downloading, copy/pasting, saving files, etc.)
- An existing WordPress website
- No prior experience with WordPress, coding or website building
- A computer or laptop with a web browser
- Mouse highly recommended
- High speed Internet access via Wi-Fi connection
- Login / passwords for your WordPress website admin and your hosting account and domain name registrar
- A logo or your name or business/organization name
- Social media accounts (optional)